A Local Norfolk Business That You Can Build Trust In
Because we care about your Home
Friendly, Free Survey, Advice & Quotation
The Strongest Raised Loft Boarding System Available - without voiding your NHBC New Build Warranty
Are you tired of watching your partner risk life and limb heaving themselves up into the loft?
Are you tired of listening to them clatter the stepladder against every wall, door and ceiling on their cranky ascent to summit the house?
Wouldn't it be so much easier to just get the loft pole out of the airing cupboard, open the hinged swing down trapdoor and lower the professionally installed aluminium 3 section loft ladder?
We Supply & Professionally Install strong, safe 150kg/23st 9Ib load rated loft ladders.
We take loft boarding seriously.
We do it Right and we do it thoroughly. Check out LoftJoist, our Specialist Robust Raised Loft Boarding system that protects deep loft insulation AND strengthens your ceiling, without voiding your NHBC Warranty.
We DO NOT install DIY Store Floor Loft Leg Kits.
Insulation for the Nation!
If you only ever do ONE thing to your loft...Insulate it.
We Top Up insulation levels in older properties and respect deep insulation when loft boarding in New Builds. Making the most of your loft is not just about storage. In fact, the very best care you could give your loft is to ensure that it is correctly insulated.
· LoftJoist is the strongest and best Professionally installed raised loft boarding system available.
· LoftJoist ensures zero compression to your loft insulation.
· LoftJoist does not invalidate your New Build NHBC warranty.
· LoftJoist timber I-beam joists are 100% BBA Building Regulation Approved & Certified.
· LoftJoist reinforces your ceiling to accommodate the introduction of loft boarding.
· LoftJoist imitate, compliment and fortify your existing ceiling joist foundation.
· LoftJoist lightweight structurally engineered I-beams do not overload your ceiling.
· LoftJoist I-beam joists elevate loft boarding over the full depth of loft insulation.
· LoftJoist do not suffer lateral instability 'wobble' associated with DIY leg/stilt loft kits.
· LoftJoist do not pressure point crush ceiling joists as associated with DIY uni leg/stilt loft kits.
· LoftJoist deflects load outwardly, not vertically, as associated with DIY store floor uni leg/stilt loft kits.
· LoftJoist cross braced subframe fortifies ceiling joists, whereas loft legs isolate & overload ceiling joists.
· LoftJoist raises flooring up to 300mm to exceed all government insulation depth guidelines.
· LoftJoist are timber; just like your ceiling joists, because plastic & metal are magnets for condensation.
· LoftJoist ventilated I-beams facilitate excellent air flow ventilation to prevent interstitial condensation.
· LoftJoist allows continuous & unobstructed clearance between insulation and loft boards.
· LoftJoist retains the thermal integrity of insulation to ensure your home runs energy and cost efficient.
· LoftJoist are securely fastened at each and every ceiling joist intersection, without exception.
· LoftJoist adheres to a structural philosophy of strength in co-operative unity.
· LoftJoist evenly disperses weight across multiple ceiling joists on any given point of your loft boarding.
· LoftJoist cross bracing builds strength & unity for maximum ceiling stability and load distribution.
· LoftJoist consolidates your ceiling into a considerably stronger cohesive structural platform.
· LoftJoist I-beam joists are lightweight, incredibly strong and used throughout the construction industry.
· LoftJoist timber I-beam joists are industry standard floor joists in New Build NHBC warrantied properties.
· LoftJoist engineered timber I-beam joists deliver strength and rigidity for greater floor performance.
· LoftJoist derives its strength from a homogeneous bonded structure that does not shrink or distort.
· LoftJoist is a professionally installed, diligently researched, quality assured, bespoke home investment.
· LoftJoist is the proper way to introduce structurally sound, robust, NHBC compliant, raised loft boarding.
· LoftJoist is PS0 2050 carbon footprint accredited and PEFC certified.
Loft ceiling joists are a solid timber beam of modest dimensions with a minimal load rating designed purely to support your ceilings weight and the occasional careful tradesman manoeuvring on crawl boards. Internal floors/ceilings are constructed using significantly higher spec load rated timber I-Joists or Open-Web Trusses to accommodate vastly greater dynamic loading imposed upon them. It's all very well focusing on clearing deep loft insulation. Strengthening and protecting your loft ceiling joists must be an integral priority to any raised loft boarding system proposing to introduce dynamic loading. LoftJoist does exactly what it says on the tin.
The Science Behind LoftJoist & Ceiling Spans
Load is the number one criteria of span. Loading a joist creates bending stress that puts compression at the top of the joist, and tension at the bottom of a joist. The middle (equator line) is called the neutral plane, where forces diminish to zero. When a load is put on a ceiling joist, the fibres in the top of the ceiling joist compress, and those in the bottom are under tension.
Deflection of load rather than strength is key. Maximum deflection determines the maximum load that a span can take. A trampoline can take load but is not a good bedroom floor. I-beam Joists master load management and can expand extreme distances because most of their strength is in the top and bottom flanges where tension and compression stresses deflect outwards along the I-joist. The top and bottom of an I-joist are both called the Flange. And the neutral middle, the Web.
Bearing is the next stress that joists must be able to handle. Once joists are loaded, they must transfer the load vertically. You must prevent the joist that the load is bearing on, from crushing. Size of bearing area is directly related to the stress of the joist and total load being transferred. Deflecting/Distributing the load over a greater area, reduces the load on any one point. Just like snowshoes distribute your weight to stop you from sinking into the snow. An engineering fundamental.
NHBC "If installed at the instruction of the homeowner, boarding does not invalidate our warranty, but any defects found to result from the installation of said system e.g. condensation or structural damage, would not be covered by the warranty, therefore homeowners have it installed at their own risk. This applies to any changes made to the building after the warranty period has begun."
WE DO NOT INSTALL DIY STORE FLOOR LOFT KITS
DIY raised loft boarding uni leg kits damage plasterboard ceilings & point load joists.
'Professionally' installed DIY loft leg kits damage plasterboard ceilings & point load joists.
(if someone is installing a light in your loft, make sure they really are a fully qualified Electrician)
DIY loft kits only support what is above them, whilst invalidating the NHBC structural integrity of the carefully engineered ceiling joist co-operative below them. Plastic uni leg/stilts suffer lateral instability 'wobble' when walking on the loft board deck and are often economically distributed only sparingly as an inadequate subframe; crucially omitting entire load bearing ceiling joists. Uni legs/stilts isolate and point load ceiling joist fibres by creating intense downward compression crush points that stress crack & screw pop plasterboard ceilings, which can lead to very costly structural joist damage, not covered by your NHBC New Build Warranty.
Span demands that load is deflected outwards, not vertically. An engineering fundamental.
Furthermore, anything metallic such as galvanised cross beams, becomes a cold bridge magnet for unwanted interstitial condensation resulting in damp; this would also apply to steel shelves. Interstitial condensation will occur when warm air vapour passing through insulation cools down on contact with cold collective surfaces such as metal.
DIY store floor loft kits 'can hold 500kg per square metre for loft storage'
Your loft ceiling joists cannot hold up Half a Tonne of weight per square metre!
The maximum working load rating of DIY loft leg kits is 25kg per square metre.
Love your loft... but remember, it's not a shipping container!
LoftJoist ventilated I-Beams Raise Loft Boarding WITHOUT VOIDING your NHBC New Build Warranty.
The 1st priority of loft boarding is to protect and strengthen your ceiling.
It's also important to use timber, just like your ceiling joists, because metal creates a thermal cold bridge magnet for unwanted interstitial condensation.
Each 2.4 metre length of LoftJoist is braced across FIVE ceiling joists.
Each 2.4 metres length of ceiling joist is reinforced by FIVE LoftJoists.
Each 2.4 square metres of boarding is evenly distributed over 25 stanchions.
Cross braced LoftJoists imitate, compliment and fortify your ceiling joists.
Elevates loft boarding clear of deep loft insulation to avoid compression.
Accommodates the introduction of loft boards.
Consolidates your ceiling into a much stronger cohesive structural platform.
All our loft ladders are 150kg load rated
All our loft ladders are 150kg load rated
Your tired old loft hatch is also available in white.
No more loft hatch shame.
We replace UPVC hatches.
We create new access openings.
We build bespoke timber hatches.
We fit bespoke hinged trapdoors.
Hinged trapdoors are a piece of cake to open using your loft ladder pole.
We supply the pole, but no cake.
Correct levels of loft insulation should be a priority for your home. It makes such a difference. Love your Home, Love your Loft, Love Loft Insulation.
Let us transform your loft in to your own secret vault where you can safely tuck away all your excess belongings and cherished goodies.
Because... A Loft is not Just for Christmas! RSPCL
We professionally install LoftJoist. Seriously good Robust Raised Loft Boarding over deep loft insulation, WITHOUT VOIDING your NHBC New Build Warranty.
LTS really presents well in fink trussed lofts.
No more bending down, it's all in front of you.
We only use timber materials because galvanised metals such as steel are a cold magnet for interstitial condensation.
It's fairly common now for Gas, Electric and Solar Panel trades to insist on the provision of safe access up to and inside your loft. The days of them just getting on with it are long gone... but they still want a cuppa!
A little bit of Posh around your Hatch
Serving Norfolk in a Street near You.
Sign up to hear about our latest projects.